The Schadow Pharmacy (formerly Flora Pharmacy, then Pharmacy at the Schadowplatz) is family-owned since 1928. Since 2005 the business is officially licensed as a mail-order pharmacy and in the same year received the TUEV certificate according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 in 2015. Since 2013 Joerg Mueller-Behrendt manages the company as registered merchant. After its remodelling in the seventies, the Schadow Pharmacy became an organisationally and architecturally significant example for a modern, central, international pharmacy even beyond city borders. Until today a high level of professional competence and excellent consultative services characterize it.
The eponym of the pharmacy is the painter Friedrich Wilhelm von Schadow (1788-1862). Who, as professor at the Arts Academy of Duesseldorf, founded the world-famous Duesseldorf school of painting.